Ply under tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bathroom floor, about 3 sq metres. I want to tile but don't want a huge step at the door.

I intended to remove the boards and lay 19 or 22mm ply instead and tile (& undertile heat cable) on that.
The floorboards( about 19-20mm) go under a couple of walls, architraves etc so I'm going off the idea. I'd have to cut them a couple of inches short of the walls and put 2x2 or similar underneath the joins.

What thickness of ply would I need on top of the boards if I left them there?

The boards are in quite good condition and pretty flat, T & G though a couple have been up.

Sponsored Links
bump :cry: :cry:

enough said

Bonzer said:
The floorboards( about 19-20mm) go under a couple of walls, architraves etc so I'm going off the idea.
Are you saying the floorboards thickness is about 19-20mm or the floorboards goes right under wall and the wall rest on the floorboards? Is the wall timber studding or blocks/bricks?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back