Plywood for bathroom subfloor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Thoughts...

Either type would be fine, because the rating relates to delamination rather than immersion in moisture or water....in any event you would be tiling over, or otherwise providing protection to the floor. In fact the cheap non structural stuff from Wickes would probably be OK

Blup

Last edited:
Thanks for that. The structural is much cheaper so will probably go with that. I understand the strength comes from the number of laminates and structural has more than non structural.

Sponsored Links
Looks good to me, that structural one is the best for flooring and what i used everywhere. Does need 400 centres to avoid flexing too much.

Hi All, thanks for the replies. Not tiling the floor, so gone with 18mm and 6mm ply topper before the final vinyl flooring. Will be putting noggins under each joint and also where the heaviest loads and stability will be required such as under the shower tray and the bath and toilet. Floor boards were 20mm with 3mm hardboard on top, so gained 1mm which is fine and lines up nicely with the landing carpet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back