PM hopeful Truss blamed YOU for Britain's failure

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Liz Truss, now the Tory leadership frontrunner, launched an astonishing broadside against British workers, saying they needed “more graft” and suggesting they lacked the “skill and application” of foreign rivals.

In a leaked recording, the then No 2 at the Treasury also risked pitting Londoners against the rest of the country by attempting to explain the difference between the capital and other regions in the UK.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Productivity in the UK has been a problem since 2008/2009, well illustrated on long term stats/graphs. Could be loads of reasons, lack of investment, lack of incentive but workers attitudes must surely contribute.
A high proportion of the people I know are self employed, most work their ****** off, some don't, they don't need to, but the harder they work the more they earn, that's a great incentive.

Plenty of strikes doing the rounds at the moment, some justified, some not. I sympathise with the postal workers, haven't had a rise for years. The striking train drivers (even though every lefty on here stated train drivers weren't striking, it was just the lower paid rail workers) shouldn't be afforded sympathy, **** off you're averaging over £60K for a low skilled job.

Productivity in the UK is a problem and it needs to be addressed, unconditionally throwing more money at 'shirkers' isn't going to solve the problem.

I read today Germany are having huge problems due to a lack of skilled workers.

Sponsored Links
Liz Truss, now the Tory leadership frontrunner, launched an astonishing broadside against British workers, saying they needed “more graft” and suggesting they lacked the “skill and application” of foreign rivals.

In a leaked recording, the then No 2 at the Treasury also risked pitting Londoners against the rest of the country by attempting to explain the difference between the capital and other regions in the UK.

Linky

Liz like the rest of government wouldn't know one end of a spanner too the other end. Nor do their advisors

Liz Truss is part of the problem, i.e. she is part of the government that has flooded British towns and cities with immigrants who will work for peanuts, whilst paying native Britons to do nothing.

They all need to be driven into the sea by mobs bearing burning torches...

Excellent idea, drive out/quash the government, turn the country over to the Working from Home Office, a Labour Government and refugees as the working backbone. What could possibly go wrong?

Excellent idea, drive out/quash the government, turn the country over to the Working from Home Office, a Labour Government and refugees as the working backbone. What could possibly go wrong?
No, they should all be driven into the sea too.

It was 5 years back. She's is still out of touch.
We need Alan Sugar as PM

Productivity in the UK has been a problem since 2008/2009, well illustrated on long term stats/graphs. Could be loads of reasons, lack of investment, lack of incentive but workers attitudes must surely contribute.
A high proportion of the people I know are self employed, most work their ****** off, some don't, they don't need to, but the harder they work the more they earn, that's a great incentive.

Plenty of strikes doing the rounds at the moment, some justified, some not. I sympathise with the postal workers, haven't had a rise for years. The striking train drivers (even though every lefty on here stated train drivers weren't striking, it was just the lower paid rail workers) shouldn't be afforded sympathy, **** off you're averaging over £60K for a low skilled job.

Productivity in the UK is a problem and it needs to be addressed, unconditionally throwing more money at 'shirkers' isn't going to solve the problem.
Gdp and worker efficiency wouldnt be an issue in a high wage, high skilled economy. Weve been aiming at that for years now.

Whats needed is investment and better management and and a longer term outlook than short term profits.

But you go ahead and blame the workers

20 plus years of telling kids the only way to be successful is go to uni , there is only so many highly qualified call centre people this country can use.
Get proper skilled apprenticeships up and running and by that i dont mean kids being used as cheap labour office juniors on minimum wage that they role out in the figures as being apprentices

She's right. British workers are lacking skills compared to foreign workers. They’ve been made that way in the drive for academic success. Kids leave school nowdays without ever been given the opportunity to see what is involved in manual trades. They need to bring back vocational skills in school curriculums. We started churning out soft-handed office fodder when they did away with those, telling all that academic success was all that was needed. It isn’t. Mechanics, bricklaying, carpentry, plumbing, electrics, plastering, general building and decorating skills etc. Too late to put 'craft blocks' back in every schools now but I’d like to see each borough have several trade schools for those that choose it as an option. Make it available to all so that we can grow our own tradesmen.

Last edited:
Bring back vocational skills in school curriculums. We started churning out soft-handed office fodder when they did away with those. Mechanics, bricklaying, carpentry, general building and decorating skills etc.
in the past kids would be coming out of school into apprenticeships being able to use every single type of hand tool and in the case of my school. Metal lathes /wood working lathes/ band saws /table saws/ pillar drills / smelting equipment / ability to braze/solder as well as various other machines and skills . Today they have to show an apprentice the basics of how to hold a hammer or a saw

Sponsored Links
Back