Pneumatic cistern wont flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

As in title, have a problem with a built in cistern, that the push button has a tube to flush the cistern, have checked inside and the concertina type push thing is over the flush, and it will flush by manually pushing down the flush., so I assume the problem must be with the tube or the button?

are these servicable, or do I require a replacement? There is no make or model anywhere, but the flush looks like a grohe one.

Any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Any thoughts on this one guys?

Really could do with some advice on this...............

hi sounds like u have a problem with the inner plastic tubes check to see if there are creased or misshaped in any way, as that can prevent them from flushing properly. if so just snip them back and coonect them again then the button shouldnt stick.

Sponsored Links
The button is not stuck and freely moves in and out, just does not seem to be doing anything, its does not appear to be loose either!

It seems that its simply not creating a build up of air to push the flush down, have pumped the button whilst feeling around the tube and cannot feel any air escaping.

Starting to drive me mad!!!

The push-on tube is probably kinked. You can cut the kinked bit off and start again but it will get kinked again. You need a push-on elbow, but I don't know if such exists. A real pain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back