Pointing under uPVC window frames / sills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few months ago I completed a self build conservatory. The sills float on the dwarf wall, packed out with spacers as required to get it dead level.

Spurred into action by the recent cold spell, as the the installation instructions, I attempted to point under the cill with cement/mortar. What a pain. The gap varies between 8mm and 1mm, and I'm finding it very difficult to do much but make a mess. Inside is slightly easier than outside because I can attack it from the top and the cement will sit on the wall and I can push it under (from the outside I have gravity working against me)

I feel like I want to pack a silicone cartridge with mortar! Am I doing something stupid? Should I just silicone/caulk/grip fill it?

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
gary a clear silicone should do the job and won`t fall out. put some masking tape on the brick first under the external cill and cut back the nozzle on the cartridge to it`s widest point and this should cover the 8mm gap when applying the silicone. smooth it with a damp finger but clean your finger as you go otherwise it starts to get messy.take the masking tape off - jobs a good un ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back