Pointless offset pan connector?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought offset pan connectors are designed to allow waste to flow when not lined up with soil pipe.

I don't see how sh** and loo roll will get through this gap! Am I meant to get another connector for it?

IMG_20200707_160039604.jpg

Sponsored Links
Maybe an offset to be used on a soil vent pipe (n) other than that I cannot see the point in that fitting

Sponsored Links
It looks like an off set pan connector to me. Maybe the pic is deceptive ,or it's just badly designed and somewhat restrictive !!!
The neck between both ends looks quite short ,can you do a side view pic?

It looks like an off set pan connector to me. Maybe the pic is deceptive ,or it's just badly designed and somewhat restrictive !!!
The neck between both ends looks quite short ,can you do a side view pic?

This is definitely the case. It seems to have a short neck. Definitely purchased as offfset pan connector.

IMG_20200707_201920961.jpg

It is an off set pan connector. The worst one I have ever seen ,what brand/ make is it ? Internet purchase ?
As said above ,I wouldn't use it either.

It is an off set pan connector. The worst one I have ever seen ,what brand/ make is it ? Internet purchase ?
As said above ,I wouldn't use it either.

It's a 60mm offset pan connector from plumber parts or something or other!

I think I may get away with a 40mm offset pan connector - what brand do you recommend? One that has a decent neck on it to avoid the above.

It might just work if it wasn`t pushed so far onto the pan spigot and ran downhill rather than sideways but I wouldn`t want to be the one testing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back