Polaroid Cameras

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone else have a Polaroid camera or is it just me?

I like having a Polaroid because it captures a moment in a hand held format. Something that feels special.

If you do have a Polaroid, please feel free to share your best photos

Sponsored Links
My wife uses Polaroid, but I find them too small and too poor a quality for anything other than little snaps to keep in a box.

I use a 1950s Praktica camera and mess about with expired film to get interesting shots. I captured our whole house move on film 7 years ago.

My stepsons g/f has a gadget she connects to her I phone that prints off polaroid style pictures, but the snap is very tiny.

My niece has one. The print is small and the picture quality isn't great in terms of colour. The polaroid of my younger days seemed better. Apart from being a toy, I don't think there's anything more to it.

Sponsored Links
IN the days before phones, polaroid cameras were revered in places like backwoods Africa or S. America. I also got in to all sorts of places using them as bribes. African village mums would cry with happiness for a picture of the family. Nostalgia's not what it was.

I did have a new polariod but now that film and digital cameras have come back in ive started to use those again, but it's nice with a polaroid as they print out as you take them

My friend regularly uses a Polaroid and recently got a new model. However, the quality seems to depend a lot on the paper used for the prints. Some photos turn out not so great, occasionally blurry. But overall, it's a cool gadget.

Attachments

• Знімок екрана 2024-01-20 173444.png
    Знімок екрана 2024-01-20 173444.png
    589.1 KB · Views: 27
I liked my old Kodak instant camera, but Polaroid won a court case and they were withdrawn, got our money back, but the Polaroid was not a patch on the Kodak, I know one can get Polaroid backs for Hasselblad and the like cameras, twin lens types, but I don't have that sort of money. The idea was to see what it would look like before exposing an expensive plate or proper film, but the digital camera has improved so much, and so has home printing, it is like trying to use a cathode ray type TV, it has had it's day.

Film is still used, but to process film is a lot of work. Digital can be processed on ones home PC. So one needs a lot of money to use film.

Does anyone else have a Polaroid camera or is it just me?

I cannot see the point, they had there day, 60 years ago, and things moved on. The instant prints were not that good, and a phone does it so much better - you don't have an instant print, but you have something better - a print on a screen, which you can zoom into, process, then if you must print it, or delete it.

Sponsored Links
Back