Police email asking to account.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can’t see the legal basis for the police sending out a questionnaire asking the partygate people to account within 7 days. All the press seem to think recipients “must reply within 7 days”. Plod must have forgot, that such powers need to be enshrined in statute. Seems a bit odd.

I think it’s dangerous and possibly exposes the public to future scams. As we all know the police “never” email you asking for information. But apparently they now do.

Sponsored Links
They're being polite.
Surely the police can use any means at their disposal (within the law), to collect evidence and interview suspects.
If that means a statement via email, so what?

I can’t see the legal basis for the police sending out a questionnaire asking the partygate people to account within 7 days. All the press seem to think recipients “must reply within 7 days”. Plod must have forgot, that such powers need to be enshrined in statute. Seems a bit odd.

I think it’s dangerous and possibly exposes the public to future scams. As we all know the police “never” email you asking for information. But apparently they now do.

Open to "scams" maybe but there are people that will always fall for scams and others that will see through them.
I'me sure they've provided contact/phone details and it is up to you to check if these are genuine.
A good giveaway of fake emails is the address, EG, a genuine address - so check use google to get your own number and call that number and ask for the named person/department
Another warning sign is if they have misspelt your name etc or grammar/spelling is not great.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Back