Polished concrete floor maintenance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
do polished concrete floors require much maintenance after installation?

Sponsored Links
from what little i know about this work is - it all depends on so many variables when the floor was polished and who did the grinding and polishing. ie preparation.
some builders will use a power float or a steel trowel, and consider it a polished floor but professional floor polishers do far more than that, and charge for it quite rightly.

come back with your question when you know exactly whats going to be done to the slab - is the conc already down and well mature?

We do not have anything down yet and are still at the planning stage. Just keen to not have a floor that requires heavy maintenance in the future.

after correct prepping it depends on what kind of hardener and/or finish sealer chemical is used - thats if any are used.
epoxy sealers are claimed to be good but must be re-sealed every year or so. whether thats heavy maintenance is up to you.
for a residential installation i dont see any advantages for a polished floor - esp in a kitchen.

Sponsored Links
What's the difference between polished concrete and a coloured/ liquid screed?

i dont know except the slab thats polished is the final FFL surface.
concrete work tops are also treated in many different ways.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back