Polycell 'BaseCoat for Walls'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
"Using polyfilla technology, Polycell BaseCoat is the best way to ensure a perfect finish on your walls"............

I am about to paint my hall which has some minor cracks and areas that have been filled and painted - these are still quite visible. I will sand these areas down a bit more but is this stuff worth the money or is there a better alternative on the market??

Any help that you can offer would be greatfully received....

Cheers

Tone

Sponsored Links
tone123 said:
"Using polyfilla technology, Polycell BaseCoat is the best way to ensure a perfect finish on your walls"............

I am about to paint my hall which has some minor cracks and areas that have been filled and painted - these are still quite visible. I will sand these areas down a bit more but is this stuff worth the money or is there a better alternative on the market? Tone

Tone, I've never used it but I've heard it's not good. I have the same problem as you and I recently found a product that might work for you. It's lining paper, but unlike ordinary lining paper - which does of course cover imperfections if you get a thick enough grade - you don't have to mess around with paste on the paper. Instead you paste the wall. I hear it's good - although I have to stress I haven't used it yet myself. You can get it in B & Q in the Anaglypta wallpaper section - but it's completely plain with no pattern. Another good thing is that if/when you want to strip it, it's easily removed.

I used it in our bedrooms. Wouldn't bother again, and definitely not in a hallway.
If you can get a decent price to have it skimmed do that instead. Too much time, hassle and not brilliant finish, and at £25 a tub it starts to mount up a bit.

Sponsored Links
i thought i was quite good, it only hide the hairline cracks and some dints etc but i think the main advantage with this paint is that it is flexible. Which is what we needed in an old house that swells and contracts through the different seasons. The paint seems to stretch with it, very pleased with it so far. Although we did spend hours sanding and filling and filling and sanding beforehand.

Cheers guys,

I am having a bedroom skimmed so I might get him to do it at the same time - not a large area so should not cost too much...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back