Polycell basecoat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Im ready to paint the walls & ceilings in an ensuite bathroom in a loft conversion, a friend recommended polycell basecoat before i start as ive had patches replastered and there is some minor cracks in the room caused by movement. Is his advice right?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Personally I dont think so...I havnt used the stuff myself but we managed for a long time without it...id touch in the bare plaster with a mist coat first then bring the whole room forward as one.

If you search the forum you will find a number of posts on the subject of polycell basecoat :idea:

basecoat nooo its a waste of time/ money. do what zampa sez

Sponsored Links
NOOOOO it's rubbish! :evil:
A real pig to apply cleanly, left me with a very poor surface to paint onto.
I did what Zampa suggests on another room, worked perfectly, much better finish, and cost, nowt as opposed to 25 quid. On a bright side however I moaned to polycell severel times and eventually got my money back :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back