polycell basecoat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
are you refering to the stuff you spread over walls to even them out that comes in a tub?

dazzadwm said:
polycell basecoat anyone ever used it please?

I had the misfortune of using it last weekend, it was a terrible product, a real pig to apply, left ridges all over the wall, didn't really cover the defects it's meant to and left my walls looking like they'd been poorly Artexed.
Had to sand down the walls, should have just bunged on a coat of cheap emulsion instead of this rubbish.
Wrote to their customer complaints line, who phoned back with possibly the rudest customer care person it's ever been my misfortune to talk too, basically said, well, tough, you must have done something wrong, live with it.
Not at all impressed by the product or the company care to be honest.
I'll be looking elsewhere in future (probably a big tub of economy white emulsion) :rolleyes:

please note forum rule 17, post was started in 2005

I used it last autumn. I had no end of problems with it. Don't try and roller over a part that has been left for a few minutes as it all sticks t the roller and comes off the wall. I used two coats and still had show through from the filled areas and the dark paint underneath.

It doesn't do anything like what is says on the tin, steer well clear IMO.

Sponsored Links
Never used it but stopped a customer using it once(thought he was helping) I just could not see what it was supposed to be doing. As mentiond above give a good round coat of emulsion and use that a a base.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back