Polyfilla Fine Surface over kitchen paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to repaint my kitchen's walls which was painted with Dulux Kitchen paint. The surface is full of little damages which I want to fill first, sand off and then paint over with the rest of the walls.
The damages look like that:
Pic1
Pic2

I came across the Polyfilla Fine Surface Filler which states that it doesn't need priming and aparently sticks to most undergrounds. My hope was, that I don't need to sand down everything that I fill first. I tried it out on a few patches and it seems to stick very well. I would prefer some real life experience though:

1. Is my little test enough to be sure it will not flake off? Or does it need a pre-sanding?
2. When Polifilla says 'no need to prime', can I really just paint over? I had bad experiences before where painting over filled bits looked different than the rest of the wall

Advice much appreciated

Sponsored Links
I'd give it a light sand with 180 grade before you fill.

As for primer it depends on paint. Durable paints are the worst over fillers. So I prime all filled areas to avoid problems

I sorted a load of blemishes like that and worse. Where old paint had half came of a wall, pockmarked like Tommy Lee Jones' face.

I used Toupret fine surface filler. Only good for a few mm of depth but after a sand you cannot tell. Awesome stuff.

Maybe the polyfilla is as good, no idea.

I recommend the Toupret fine surface filler

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back