Polypipe & Pushfit vs Copper Pipe & Solder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a novice I wish to use Polypipe & Pushfit however a lot of people still think old Copper Pipe & Solder best, although I have seen leaks from this when someone like me who isn't that good at soldering...

What is the best make or fittings for Polypipe and Pushfit fittings, I am not worried about re-useing them, just do the job and hope they don't leak

Sponsored Links
I find Hep20 robust and reliable, cant be arssedd using copper now plus breathed in enough craapp over the last 36 years soldering stuff.

Yes I use hep20 barrier under floors and copper stabs through floor. A bit of local folk law, best to use tektight on the copper transition, not sure if that measure is essential. Always use inserts, keep pipe clean and unscratched (wrap it before poking it through holes). Will never be as air tight as copper though barrier is better than non barrier. Systems piped completely in plastic on 5 year old estate round here do seem to have a lot of magnetite in them now and require powerflushing. Probably the builder didn't use barrier. Builders don't tend to be very good plumbers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back