Solder v Compression v Pushfit

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's St Steel?? It might be plated mild steel, whcih can be a nightmare.

You asked the f****** question. Seco wrote plumbers prefer solder to which you asked for evidence. The fact that solder is purchased hand over fist more than glue might lead people (though clearly not you) to assume that more is used (which answers your question). Unless it's being collected for fun.

If you can't solder and prefer to use your airfix skills, there's no need to suggest everyone else is wrong.

Again - reduce your tone. A sound argument doesn't need obscenities.

Just because a product sells more doesn’t mean it’s better or perferred. It may be more freely available or cheaper.

As for your last comment, I am not the OP so don't assume I can't solder.

Sponsored Links
You asked the f****** question. Seco wrote plumbers prefer solder to which you asked for evidence. The fact that solder is purchased hand over fist more than glue might lead people (though clearly not you) to assume that more is used (which answers your question). Unless it's being collected for fun.

If you can't solder and prefer to use your airfix skills, there's no need to suggest everyone else is wrong.

Again - reduce your tone. A sound argument doesn't need obscenities.

Just because a product sells more doesn’t mean it’s better or perferred. It may be more freely available or cheaper.

As for your last comment, I am not the OP so don't assume I can't solder.

You asked the question about evidence. Sales are evidence. No opinion was given by me about best, just most used (which was what you were asking for evidence about).

As for last comment, if you read it says 'if you can't solder, not 'you can't solder'.

I use solder. They last longer, look best and can be paint on. After I been reading, I had a idea.:cool: I tested the glue joint on a copper pipe and test it with my pressure test rig. It blew the joint at 6 bar. :eek: I tried again, making sure it even on a joint, inside and outside, again it blew at 7.5bar. Binned it. They never tested for long term.

I wouldn't not touch it with a drain rod! :D

Solder joint is better, can cope higher pressure.

Dan

IMO solder is the best, i have been to alot of leaks due to plastic push fit not being fitted correctly. Went to a job last week, the guy had been away for the week, came back to a flood - the whole cavity under his house was completely full of water - must have been 2ft deep. Nice insurance job - that was plastic where the joint had come loose :rolleyes:

I do sometimes use push fit but only copper pushfit as it gives a really good connection, once its on its on! Been using it for 3 years and never had a leak - B&Q stock it as do major merchants. I never touch plastic, really dont trust it myself.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n...refview=search&ts=1208473765912&isSearch=true

mrgtv01 said:
tumbleweed.gif
buttkick.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back