Polyplumb pipe + JG super seals + JG speedfit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it safe to use the combination of fittings? The super seal inserts are a very very tight fit into the PP pipe and once in they aren't coming out.

Pipe w/insert seems to fit well into speedfit fittings but just wanted to make sure first.

I use PP pipe because it seems to have more bend in it then JG pipe.

Sponsored Links
Buy the correct inserts for the pipe, i never use the wrong inserts but frequently have to mix brands. I find the rubber seals on the JG inserts catch on the stainless rings on HEP and Polyplumb, so i cut them off if i need to mix the two.

best advice is use the inserts for the pipe u r using, dnt mix n match unless u have 2

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to have a thread about push fit fittings without someone saying 'use copper'......? :rolleyes:

although copper is preffered, it is often not as practical, and is aloy more time consuming to fit, a can guarantee that a lot of the people who say use copper use plastic themselves, i use it although never if it is on show, underfloors most of the time and always hep20

I'd always use Hep2o previous and never have a problem. However, I can get the speedfit fittings much cheaper and I'm quite impressed with the new twist and lock ones. Much better than the old ones.

Why is that then dont they leak as much.
Latest episode with push fit hep2o .
Customers Bathroom been in 2 years turn water off. fit combi turn water back on sound of water under bath panel 22mm elbow on hot pushed straight off with additional pressure in pipe not for the first time . No thanks stick to copper no matter how awkward it is to do

ive been using hep20 for 7 years and never had a fitting blow off, it has only happened once and it was a speedfit tee ( witch i didnt fit, i was called to repair it) i am confident with every hep20 fitting i use

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back