Polystyrene wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D The decorating of the bathroom is coming along very well but I'll confess :oops: here and now, a decorator is doing the work, I just fund the project and run the errands.

For many years, the outer wall of the bathroom has suffered from condensation problems,:cry: probably because the house is single brick built with rendering. The outer wall also has the misfortune of having a northwest aspect and is, therefore, exposed to the wind and rain.

The decorator has now lined the wall with Cotina wallpaper which is basically a thin layer of polystyrene which should go a long way to alleviate the condensation problems. Regretably, it appears this wallpaper is no longer available at any suppliers.

:rolleyes: Does anyone have an answer to the following:-

:idea: is this product still available anywhere :?:
:idea: which wallpaper has the same insulating properties :?:

Can't wait to hear your replies :!:

Kind regards.
Mo Barker
:p

Sponsored Links
Yes

None..

You can buy anti condensation paint which is made up of granuals of corck....that might work for you.

Look in major paint manufacturers places like crown dulux johnstone or leyland....

I f you can get the wall finished in Kotina then you may want to double line it with 800 grade lining paper as it doesnt tend to dent very easy.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if you have considered Blown Vinyl 'Paintgrade' There are some nice heavy but 'mottled' patterns about, and think the heavy ones do offer a little in the way of insulation well just as much as Kotina, and looks better. In a bathroom it's best put on with a heavy grade readymixed paste, ie for hessian etc. Then Matt emulsion, or as zampa says maybe anti condence paint. I done something similar recently and had to remove some kotina it was all black an orrible behind.
good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back