Pond pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:) Anyone able to advise me if a pump with the following spec is adequate for the mission I have in mind for it.
Just a few facts first.
It's for a small pond, 2m x 2m roundish, 0.6m to 1m deep(not sure if that's deep enough, pumping the water up approx 1m to a small feature feeding a water fall, taking the water back to the pond.
The pump I have in mind is:
Wolf Clean Water Pump 240V
450W Continuously Rated Motor
Pumps up to 133Ltr/min
Submersible
Thanks for any advice you can provide all :)

Sponsored Links
you are describing a sump pump.

sump pumps are not really meant fo the use you intend, cheap to buy costly to run*, hose tail big, see this

*costly for its use, considering you can get the correct pump that uses less

As Breezer says that pump will eat electricity, go for a good quality submersible pump it will pay for itself in no time. They do one with a similar output that is rated at 120watts.

I've had an Oase pump in my ornamental pond that has run 365 days a year for over 12 years and still going strong.

Jason

Sponsored Links
ah oase pumps, they are considered to be the rolls royce of pumps for watergardens, cost a bit though, but well worth it.

just looking for something else on screwfix, and they have the wolfe pump mentioned, yes its only £25, but it clearly says

Specifications

Inc: 1" and 1 1/4" multi-step adaptor. 10m cable. Max head 7m. Not suitable for fish ponds.

yes i emphasised the last bit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back