Poo Explosion: a Christmas Treat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got United Utilities coming to unblock sewer.
Have a manhole in the garage that exploded with turd-tastic force.

Now we have a garage floor that is wet with raw sewage....I'll throw down bleach tomorrow.

Managed to rod it with limited success (must have only partially cleared the poop as the gulley blocks up again, but it will do as a temporary fix. Good job I got a strong stomach....:eek:

Unfortunately, next door's poop runs into our gulley, so I will ask UU if anything can be done to fix that.

There were lots of baby wipes in the manhole, which can't have helped.

It's bad enough dealing with your own shoite but somebody elses??:sick::(

Sponsored Links
I can cope with mine and my dog's but anyone else's is too much.

Sponsored Links
Thats me then!

Andy

Me too but not as much as you ! Brown gold ....never heard that one but I can appreciate the accuracy or meaning of the phrase.

My introduction in to this world has come about through people assuming because you fix their boilers you're a plumber and because you're a plumber you deal with ' brown gold ' !!!!!

If you've brought up kids it's not as stomach churning as changing nappies !!!! Far less offensive in colour odour and consistency than nappy contents !!

Wet wipes another form of paper money !!!

Probably next door neighbours flushing baby wipes down the toilet.

Just pure laziness.

We have a manhole and shared sewer running under our patio so could be in the same situation at some point, maybe worth lifting the cover now and again and pressure washing it out?.

Hope you get the garage clean!.

My introduction in to this world has come about through people assuming because you fix their boilers you're a plumber and because you're a plumber you .....
....are just one evolutionary step below sh it throwing cave dwellers.:ROFLMAO:

Prevention is definitely better than cure!

My missus learned that wet wipes are the devil's own work, when our drains filled to overflowing........cue me, with some disposable coveralls, goggles, a garden rake, some rubble sacks, and duct tape :sick:

Every few months now, when cleaning out the wheelie bins, I fill the bins to the brim, and flush the drains through.
Livin' the Dream, me(y)

In our old house we used to have the odd blockage due to someone chucking disposable nappies down their toilet a few houses along. I was the first in the line so every now and then I would run my tap, lift the manhole cover, trickle some petrol down there and when I had trickled enough, I would chuck a match down there. There was a slight delay then a long, drawn out whooooooooooosh as the flame came back up the pipe like the flame from when a rocket takes off. Don’t know if it did any good but in my mind I killed a few germs and rats and hopefully blew some waste back up the bog of the lazy bar steward who was chucking disposable nappies down the toilet.

I had this problem a few years back when my kids were very young. rodded it up from the street as it turned out a loo roll had been flushed by a curious child. Once cleared a torrent of poop came down with such force, it gained some altitude.

Sponsored Links
Back