Pool heat pump not coming on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just picked up a 2nd hand pool heat pump, its a bit tatty but I was told it just had a faulty water flow switch. I have removed the water flow switch and tested it and it appears to be operating as if I move the paddle in the direction of the water flow it's resistance changes and it closes. However if I hold the flow switch closed simulating a water flow through the heat exchanger and try to turn the heat pump on I still only get a click from a switch on the refrigerant circuit, the fan doesn't even come on? The controller is the usual helpful Chinese affair with no logical menu system and I can't seem to find an online manual that shows my controller. I'm trying to follow the refrigerant pipework to trace which switch is clicking when I power on. Can anyone offer and incite into these things. I don't want to chuck it away if its just a faulty sensor or switch, but I can't see the sense in spending £100's on engineer callouts, when I could put that money towards a new one! looking for refrigerant engineers or AC guys that can point me in the right direction. Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back