Poor COLD Water pressure....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody...

I have searched and searched online for information on my problem...

I have recently had a ferroli combination boiler fitted and i am now experiencing a significant imbalance between the hot and cold water pressure. The hot water is fine (very high pressure at all taps and baths) however the cold water pressure is terrible.

I have good mains pressure, and at my kitchen sink (which is attached to the inlet pipe before getting to the boiler) the cold pressure is excellent, but upstairs its awful?....

Any ideas what i could do to increase the cols pressure to nearer what it is from the mains??

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help!.

Andrew

Sponsored Links
There could be a restriction / blockage between upstairs and downstairs - if hot is good but cold not - they both feed from mains water pressure coming into house.

Maybe the hot is still in 22mm but the cold in 15, but that shouldn't make a huge difference with mains pressure unless it's a very long pipe run.

Many Thanks for your reply..

It is all 15mm...

how would i go about checking if and where a restriction may be??..

It wouldn't be the first time a combi boiler has been installed, but the bathroom cold feed has been left gravity fed via a cold storage cistern in the loft......

Sponsored Links
It wouldn't be the first time a combi boiler has been installed, but the bathroom cold feed has been left gravity fed via a cold storage cistern in the loft......

Before the combi install the cold pressure was much higher, im 99.99% certain its not gravity fed...but thanks anyway...?...

Its weird, as my hot water really blasts out at all taps, and my cold just runs, its more than a trickle and it can fill a bath, but it creates an imbalance in a mixer shower i have attached where the hot overpowers the cold and its hard to get a decent temperature at all....

Cheers

I'd hazard a guess that there's some crud in the pipes, or the installer hasnt opened a valve fully somewhere. If this has only been evident since the boiler was fitted then get the installers back!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back