Poor Extraction?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have what has become a very ineffective extractor fan not that it was ever any good.
Is there such a thing as more powerful fans or can you service the fan?
At this moment in time it will hardly draw a thin tissue towards the fan.

Thanks. Andy

Sponsored Links
clean the fan, also make sure inlet and outlets are clear (you would be surpised what "muck" they collect

Breezer since I posted took fan/plastic wheel off anc cleaned it, was not that grungy. On holding paper up to the fan it will hold paper over the it and appears to blow quite a bit of wind out the side however when I put the metal mesh and new filter paper up paper is not held to this cover. Does a fan degenerate over time? Would a new fan be more powerful?

what is the extractor for ccoker hood? does it run through ducting?

have you checked the outside grille?

friend of mine complained her t dryer was not drying too well, i looked for the exhaust vent outside took it off only to discover it was all "blocked" with fluf etc, cleaned it all off towels dry in 10 mins, i have once found a vent pipe full of water (no , don't ask)

Sponsored Links
Just a thought, were the charcoal filters removed if the extractor is vented to the outside?
if not take them out, they should only be fitted if recycling the air, but they are fitted in the factory for shipping and many people forget to remove.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back