Poor flow from new tap - flexi hoses?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently changed a couple of taps in my house. I changed the kitchen sink mixer tap. Paid what I thought was good money for a Bristan mixer. Came with those thin flexi-hoses. Cracking flow from both hot and cold (I have unvented hot water).

Fitted a cheapo set of taps (cost about a fifth of the price of the Bristan ones) in my bathroom basin and that also came with thin flexi hoses. Flow not so good on the hot side. Had to partially close cold valve as too much pressure. I get a good hot flow from the bath and shower so not general upstairs pressure related I think. Would fitting another set of quality flexi hoses and perhaps even new valves cure the problem or could it be a faulty tap? No chance of returning the tap as they came from better bathrooms that have closed down. Bought as a bathroom set and has a matching bath mixer tap so would prefer to keep them matching.

Sponsored Links
No harm in trying another make of tails, if it is tank fed on the hot and mains fed on the cold that may be the main problem.

Sponsored Links
A ballofix type valve fitted that may have failed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back