Poor flow rate on new combi at one end of the house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new here.

Just had a valliant 831 ecotec installed, since its been installed the radiators at the far end of the house do not get hot unless the radiators near the boiler are turned off. House has 12 Radiators The installers have suggested to balance the radiators, however the old central heating 30 yr old glow worm worked fine and radiators could be turned off and on to your hearts content.

When they installed the heating they plumbled flow and returned using 22mm for the first 2.5 meters then it reduces down to 15mm where they then Tee into 15mm pipe going to one of the radiators for the bedroom.
I did ask (3 times) if this would be a problem and they said it should be fine you can tap into any point wont make a differnce. Surprisingly the hottest Radiators are the ones near this bedroom the ones at the other side of the house are not getting hot.

I phoned Valliant and they said all flow and return needs to be 22mm, the installers said that it is but am i right in thinking the main circuit for the flow and return is not 22mm as it was reduced down to 15mm between the bedroom and main circuit? Also would the best way to solve it would be just to connect to the old orginal 22mm flow/return from the old boiler, its about 3 meters from new boilers position and should be accessible?

Just wanted some advice as they have not been paid yet and want to try and sort it before any money changes hand.

Cheers and sorry for long winded story...

Sponsored Links
The installer is the one that should be doing the balancing, and proving the system works, until it does don't pay.

As a rule of thumb, you can connect 3-4 average size rads on 15mm.

A drawing of the pipework layout would be really good I think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back