Poor Hot Water Flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya all, just after a bit of advice.

Over the last few days my Hot Water flow has reduced from a torrent to a weak stream. As i have British Gas Home Care 400 I got them to come out and have a look. The young lad who inspected the job diagnosed a blocked hot water tank due to scale. Now I know I live in a hard water area but in my last house when I suffered from a build up of scale it was very much a steady decress in pressure.

The BG guy said that the tank will need replacing at a cost of £1200 as not covered by my policy :evil:. Trouble is in my opinion he didnt seem that confident with what he was doing.

The Hot water Tank is T & D Trident, Grosvenor 2 Indirect unvented 150 Litre Hot Water cylinder.

If anyone can advise me on what my next step would be with regards to solving this issue or replacing the tank with a more modern system I would be most apreciative.

Nick

Sponsored Links
If its an unvented tank then it will be run of the mains pressure, what is the mains pressure coming out of the cold taps??? if that is poor as well it indicates maybe poor pressure coming from the street, have you or anyone else in the household turned the stop cock down etc. or are the water board running repairs locally.

If it is scale you are right in saying it would decrease over a period of time, how old is your tank??

make sure all isolation/gate valves on the cold water and hot water supply pipes are open.

Thanks Bigswell.

Cold water pressure is amazing. Really pours out when cold on full power.

Only moved into the House 18 months ago so not sure how old the hot water tank is but I have a friend who is in the trade (he fitted my Kitchen as well) coming round to have a good look and give me a second opinion/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back