Poor Hot Water Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Having recently fitted a new ceramic kitchen sink with Monobloc mixer tap, I am gutted to find that the hot water dribbles out pathetically, after doing some research on these pages I believe it could be caused by a number of things, but am unsure how to improve it without spending loads of money ??

Our Hot water is supplied by a Immersion Heater in a Copper Cylinder, with the water tank directly above it, all on the ground floor of the property which must mean that the pressure is really low ? (bathroom and kitchen are both on the ground floor also)

Wrong type of tap (Quarter turn ceramic mixer) ? i.e High pressure not low pressure

The small bore on the flexible tap tails ?

The inclusion by me of an in line isolator valve (also reducing the flow ?)

Be very appreciative of any replies, short of moving the tank upstairs / replacing the sink and tap etc ??

Pressure in bathroom is low but acceptable, and from memory was OK in the kitchen previously, it's just my wife fell in love with the new sink and tap and the rest is history.....

Sponsored Links
You've answered your own question - easiest route is to stick your new tap on ebay and buy a traditional valved tap.

Should 'ave done your plumbing homework to start with. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back