Poor quality studwork suitability

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, not exactly sure if this is the right forum for this but ultimately its about the tiling so....

I have just stripped the bathroom for a full re-fit, however after removing the plasterboard from the internal walls it has become apparent that the stud framework is very poor in terms of construction and alignment. Photos to come but basically loads of gaps and splits in the wood and seemingly random use and depth of nails.

I intend to use 9mm porcecalin tiles on 12mm aquapanel and so I am guessing that the stud work is particularly important. However I really don't want to have to impact the adjoining rooms as this would significantly increase the work (and cost) required.

So can I just patch it up? Say with additional well fitted suds in between and additional bolting into the block wall or do I need to rip it all out and start again?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back