Aqua Panel placement on shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to redo my shower and have taken out the old 760 square tray and most of the framework that sat in place around it.
Oh, it's built into an old cupboard adjoining the bathroom which has been knocked into one, so it has 3 solid sides witha bifold door.

Anyway, after removal of the old tray and framework I have exactly a square of 800mm so would prefer to put a tray of that size.
In fact I'm betting on being able to do it since I've already bought the tray.

I intend to put aqua panel around the 3 sides then tile over this, as was done in the old unit.
However, is it OK to sit the aquapanel onto the tray, properly waterproofed, and then tile on top of this.
It wouldn't be possible to panel beind the tray or this would reduce the width and depth of the area to under the 800mm size tray.

Is there any special sealing strip that can be used to place under the bottom edge of the aqua panel to make a better waterproof contact as well?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back