Poorly Fitted Internal Beading Strips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

New windows last week from local company with good reputation.

Not that impressed with the fitting of the internal beading. Some of it is as bang on as it can be, although I've seen better examples.

Please see the photo. The small gaps where the beading butts up against the frame look pretty poor to me. What I am looking for is opinions from others on whether it's normal or not and whether they would reject the work themselves.

Thank you

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 77
Sponsored Links
I've seen it before, its nothing the fitters have done or can do about it, its more in the design of the profile. If you tap the beads with your finger do they rattle, can you push the glass outwards away from the beads leaving gaps between the glass and rubber on the bead?

Sponsored Links
Hi. Thanks for replies. The answer to both questions is No. Therefore I guess this means the beading itself is more or less secure, it's a matter of poor design and manufacturing.

Honestly the other windows are just as bad. The issue is the lack of consistency. Some of the beading strips are tight and normal in appearance, plenty more look the same as in the photo. It completely spoils the aesthetic look of the windows. I feel completely gutted.

A staff member has attended a site visit and although a snagging list has been agreed on other matters, the staff member would not acknowledge that there is an issue with the beading,

At the moment I have paid 85% of the bill. I've no intention of paying a penny more until the matter is resolved. I did pay by credit card to give myself the option of a charge back if need be.

Does anyone have a view on the legal position in the context of windows where the fault is as described above.

Thanks

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back