pop up bath waste - which trap ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i got a pop up bath waste with my bathroom suite - but i cant seem to find a trap to suite
ive tried 32/40 p/traps and bottle traps none of the threads seem to fit

the only thing ive found that fits is something i found in a friends toolbox and im not sure what it is - he said it came from his kitchen sink and was already cut like that

tbh im really tempted to bin the popup and go traditional plug n chain heh

this is the (remains of) the fitting

DSC00303.JPG

DSC00304.JPG

Sponsored Links
if that part fits a 40mm waste trap should fit they are the same thread

Possibly if you have enough space you could attach a standpipe trap to the stub?

a hepv0 trap with adapter elbow will fit and give clearance under the bath.

Sponsored Links
i've tried a few fittings to check threads - only thread that seems similar is the center section of a p-trap
i'm not sure what this bit of tubing came from, it's one part with a rubber seal inside - eg theres no "nut" friend said it came from his kitchen sink
and had a

i'm not too happy using the stub under a bath as it's not abs so i cant solvent weld it - i'd worry the compression fitting would slip off under the weight of the water

Compression should hold but if you're worried slip a bit of wood underneath.

Mike

I have had this problem with kitchen sinks in the past, the fitting is a european thread and it is possible to buy adaptors, i cant remember where i bought them before but you could try the franke website.

looks like it'll be either the washing machine trap or a running trap - didn't really want to carve a huge hole in the floorboards tho.
either that or bin it and get the popup waste from screwfix for 12 quid - hopefully will have the right thread - or just stick with tried and tested and get a normal waste with a plug :LOL:

cheers for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back