Pop up waste plug for bath tub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bath tub I have should have had a pop up waste something like this:
Missing waste part from website pic.png

However, the actual plug part is missing so the bathtub drain looks like this:
Missing waste cover.jpg

As far as I understand, I think the thing that is missing is plug thing with the stalk (sorry, not sure of the proper name) but something like this:
1669645400145.png

I thought a quick and simple solution was to get a bath plug on a chain (https://www.screwfix.com/p/chrome-bath-plug-chain-16/57174):
1669645533744.png

This one is 44mm which I believe is standard size. However, this does not fit the drain plug hole size. I am guessing this is because the drain plug hole size is non-standard due to the pop up mechanism.

Does anyone know what the best way forward is?

1. Can you get a replacement pop up thing with the stalk? (the place where I purchased the bath tub waste from do not sell just this part, I would need to buy the whole waste again)
2. Alternatively, can you buy non-standard size drain plugs like the one from Screwfix? Not sure what size I need but I'd guess around 42mm?

Or is the best way forward to replace the whole pop up waste unit in one go?

Sponsored Links
Replace the whole pop up waste/ overflo combo if you cant find a plug that fits.

Have a Google for Universal Sink Plug- there's a few options, sure one will work as a stopgap.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back