Pop up waste problem, very strange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya
Our pop up waste has broken - after looking at it the ball that goes inside the nut at the waste end - just after the ball the short piece of metal that moves the waste up and down seems to have snapped off, probably corroded over time - and now we cannot use the waste at all as it won't move up and down, so had to remove it which looks horrible - has anyone come across this? What can we do to repair the situation other than get a new pop up waste? And I cannot seem to see any pop up wastes for sale apart from with new taps :(

Any help would be brilliant :)

Sponsored Links
You can get individual bits and pieces, or the complete article, from
www.notjusttaps.co.uk
Whether the ball and rod etc would be compatible with yours - who knows?
They should be able to send you the dimensions though - maybe they are standardised.
John :)

Hi thanks for replying

I have tried a spare rod but the attached ball is too big for my original waste! which is anooying.... is there any tricks I could try to sort this out, other than having to remove basin from wall and refit new waste :(

Sponsored Links
No mate - if the ball isn't the same size as the original then it will leak or not fit at all, I'm afraid. You may need a complete new waste.
I would have thought though, if you can access the ball, you could fit a new waste without taking the basin off the wall?
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back