Pop up Waste Turn front removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi We have bought and had fitted a bathroom suite from B&Q, the problem we have is with the actual chrome turn handle for the pop up waste.

When you turn it, it moves physically around the hole, and as such we gave up trying to use it and just pulled the plug up with our nails etc.

How do you remove the handle in order to tighten the screw holding the plastic Bath waste against the Tub itself?

Help!

Sponsored Links
If you feel round the knob, you will probably find a little hole in the rim. You can poke a screwdriver in this and undo the grubsgrew that holds the knob on its shaft. If you take this off you should be able to see how it is assembled.

You also need to take off the bath panel and hold or twist the banjo like thing on the outside of the bath that the overflow screws into.

Cheers, i was wondering if that was it or whether that a new funky overflow hole!

I shall try it out and let you know!

:LOL:

I have slackened off the small grub-screw - so much in fact that it has fallen out of the screw hole - but I still cannot get the handle off.
I tried pulling both halves apart, but to no avail.
I don't yet want to try and force it off in case I damage the handle, or worse still, the bath itself.

Sponsored Links
I have slackened off the small grub-screw - so much in fact that it has fallen out of the screw hole - but I still cannot get the handle off.
I tried pulling both halves apart, but to no avail.
I don't yet want to try and force it off in case I damage the handle, or worse still, the bath itself.

Long shot i know as the post is so old put did you just pull it?? I have the same issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back