Porcelain tile removal/replacement on foam backerboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove a few porcelain tiles that are fixed to a foam based tile backer-board.
Is it inevitable that I will have to cut and replace the foam board or is it possible to remove the tile from the board?
I ask because I've never done this before so need to know if its a method of going through the grout line and straight through the board and remove the tile and board.

Sponsored Links
If they were fixed properly, they won't come off the board. As you say, chop them out and re-board. Still might be tough if the boards are properly screwed.

If they were fixed properly, they won't come off the board. As you say, chop them out and re-board. Still might be tough if the boards are properly screwed.
so the answer was to use a vibration saw to go through the grout gap and through the board and chop out whole tiles tiles.
What I had to do was take the tile next to it so as to expose a stud on which to fix the replacement backboard and then apply the tile again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back