Porcelain Tiles On Wooden Floorboards

D

DAJ

I wish to lay porcelain tiles to my bathroom floor. At the moment, the floor is old floorboards (about 100 years old). They're in good nick and level (PLEASE don't recommend that I sand them and treat them, I hate it).My intention was to fit 3/4" sterling board and tile on that. The problem is, that will raise the floor level at the door which will create a step.

Any ideas about reducing the step and/or other methods ?

THANKS

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Looks like I'm the person that has wasted my time in writing that sticky. :rolleyes: I'm also the person that gives up my spare time to help people when they're stuck. I don't ask for thanks, but what I do expect is that after I have directed you to your answer, that you have the blo ody decency to read it!
Also, if you'd have taken the time to read my last post carefully, you'd have noticed the raspberry blowing smilie at the end which denotes that the post wasn't meant in a nasty way. Now get out of the pram and pick your dummy up, you big jessie.

gcol said:
Looks like I'm the person that has wasted my time in writing that sticky. :rolleyes: I'm also the person that gives up my spare time to help people when they're stuck. I don't ask for thanks, but what I do expect is that after I have directed you to your answer, that you have the blo ody decency to read it!
Also, if you'd have taken the time to read my last post carefully, you'd have noticed the raspberry blowing smilie at the end which denotes that the post wasn't meant in a nasty way. Now get out of the pram and pick your dummy up, you big jessie.

"Help people when they're stuck", "...gives up my spare time...". You must be an ex-teacher mate. Either way, Bovvered !

Sorry sir ( U sad bar steward) !

gcol is one of the best providers of information on this forum, and is well respected.

You on the other hand, could not be bothered to search, misconstrued his answers, and then became abusive..... arrogant fool.

trazor said:
gcol is one of the best providers of information on this forum, and is well respected.

You on the other hand, could not be bothered to search, misconstrued his answers, and then became abusive..... arrogant fool.

Teachers pet ! ! ! Have you got a nice apple for sir ! ! ! !

DAJ said:
trazor said:
gcol is one of the best providers of information on this forum, and is well respected.You on the other hand, could not be bothered to search, misconstrued his answers, and then became abusive..... arrogant fool.
Don't bother trazor mate - you're wasting your time. I've seen his type before now - he'll go away soon.

regarding DAJ posts ..lol

I thought I was the forum drunk fool here ?

gcol said:
DAJ said:
trazor said:
gcol is one of the best providers of information on this forum, and is well respected.You on the other hand, could not be bothered to search, misconstrued his answers, and then became abusive..... arrogant fool.
Don't bother trazor mate - you're wasting your time. I've seen his type before now - he'll go away soon.

gcol is right trazor (this time), Don't bother mate ! Mind your own business (if you have one).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back