Porcelains tiles - a permanet colour enhance?

J

johnheritage

The kitchen just had some nice porcelains put down. But the downlights seem to reflect off them in a diffused way and 'white out' the colours, so they look matt and kind of dull. When I give them a mop, they look REALLY nice; they're slate / stone effect and all the colours suddenly reappear.

I've been asking around the tile places for a colour enhancer / gloss, but none of the guys seem to know much about it.

I bought some today, but the guy had just read the back of the pack (which I was in the process of doing anyway) to check it didn't say "Do not use on...". He spoke to the manager who said the coating will wear off and need reapplying given the none porous surface.

1l was £21. I bought a can, but am reluctant to open it given the cost and the idea of it wearing back off; it wasn't cheap getting the things in the first place.

Has anyone found a coating that will improve the colour depth on natural effect porcelains in a more permanent manner?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back