Porcelin Floor Tiles Adheshive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I tiled my bathroom floor with disastrous results, with the adheshive going off too quick for me (15 mins!) and the waterproof grout not coming off cleanly from the rough tile surface.

I want to lay tiles on my kitchen screed floor later in the year with similar tiles. As I am a fairly slow worker I want to take my time. What adheshive and grout is recommended that gives me more time?

1. I am not in a hurry to walk the finished floor. So what is recommended that needs mixing, but gives me plenty of time to work? I need something that gives me an hour to lay tiles at a time.

2. As the tiles are a rough finish. What grout should I use this time that doesn't go off too quick?

Thanks
Alan

Sponsored Links
Most powdered adhesives only have a workable life of around 30 mins. Get a quantity of tiles dry laid, then fit them all in one go. If you can't keep up with the adhesive, mix smaller quantities. Same goes for the grout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back