Porch door lock required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

have a aluminium inset into wood porch and the lock has been playing up and want to change it.

Anyone know what type of lock it is and where I could get a replacement? Pictures attached

thanks
6ACA9E0A-E992-4691-AC1A-BFB91722A6C2.jpeg 7B053E0D-EBC6-437E-AE1A-65F86C78C424.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I suppose you have tried but?? have you removed the lock, stripped it down and had a look at the workings internally?

Ken.

No I haven’t. Went to have a look at it today (not at the house I live in) and screw was rounded so that stopped me taking it out.
It’s a sash lock but very narrow and only 35mm backset

try and take a photo of the lock that is in focus and lit.

so we can read the markings

And of the key which may have a makers name on it, and the other end which will identify number of levers.

Until you can get the lock out and measure and photograph the case, please measure the fore-end.

Sponsored Links
92954A8F-8DA5-414E-A4E6-83307901C71D.jpeg C5ECEAB0-CC9D-4116-BE30-2E8B8D9A104E.jpeg

It’s a 5-lever lock made by Scope. I haven’t got the key with me but will try and get a picture

so it's a 5-lever but not BS3621

Compare it to Willenhall M3 lock, which IIRC is a copy of a Legge design.

Also look at ASEC AS11357

It’s weird the door has hole for Euro cylinder, but would
Need handles that fitted that door

I'm not sure the holes are actually for Eurocylinders.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back