How to remove this handle?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Hi all

I have an old aluminium porch and the lock is sticking and wanted to remove to get a replacement, but I can't work out how the handle is fixed in as there are no visible screws.

Any help on how to remove would be appreciated and if anyone knows what sort of lock I would need as well.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The silver front face plate prizes off to reveal the screws behind, they're just like covers really, the black end caps have teeth on which afterwards you gently thump the cover back on

The silver front face plate prizes off to reveal the screws behind, they're just like covers really, the black end caps have teeth on which afterwards you gently thump the cover back on
Thanks, so I just need to prise from the sides of the black top bits?

Yes. Just check the inside edges of the handles 1st as there may also be small grub screws that grip the spindle. If so loosen those first.
The handles are tough to pop off, You will want to get a scraper behind just below the black clip (about 1" down from the top) then you will need something stiffer like a chisel to lever it.

You may want to put some cardboard against the door edge so you don't scratch it.

Sponsored Links
Yes. Just check the inside edges of the handles 1st as there may also be small grub screws that grip the spindle. If so loosen those first.
The handles are tough to pop off, You will want to get a scraper behind just below the black clip (about 1" down from the top) then you will need something stiffer like a chisel to lever it.

You may want to put some cardboard against the door edge so you don't scratch it.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back