front door handle how to remove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops: Can anyone tell me how to remove the front door handle? There are no visible screws showing. I have removed the grub screw but the handle does not pull off the spindle

Sponsored Links
grub screw on a front door??
have you got a picture please ??

Best guess is that you are looking at a push on plate. Small flat screwdriver at the bottom and see if it will lever off. Plate comes off to reveal fittings.
DC
Teamlockssmiths

Best guess is that you are looking at a push on plate. Small flat screwdriver at the bottom and see if it will lever off. Plate comes off to reveal fittings.
DC
Teamlockssmiths

Thanks but I have tried that, it seems that the frontplate is gripping around the plastic backplate. Do you think the lock has to come out allowing the plate to slide up or down to remove?

Sponsored Links
Yes we all are guessing, trying to offer advice without viewing the offending article. May be Smarty should offer a reward for the best guess. Get the camera out.
My guess is still the plate/cover they can be a real frightener especially if they have not been removed since installation.
DC
Teamlocksmiths

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back