How to remove door handles?

Sponsored Links
Difficult to see in pic but wanted to demonstrate the PZ on each side were the same. It is due to the internal mechanism of the door that lends itself to needing the two shorter spindles.

If anyone is up for the challenge, I seeking to find appropriate fitting handles with a white finish!

Right ok so if the pz is the same on both handles then what you now need is a split spindle, just google that term and you'll get results

Sent from phone as am in bed now so can't post a link to split spindles

Sponsored Links
Your existing handles are lever/pad so technically you should already have a split spindle in there unless someone before you has swapped it for a solid 1 piece type, usually because the split follower has failed in the mechanism

There you go just like i said; the lever is part of the backplate and the backplate clips onto the black end caps ;)

I read it wrong lol, I had had a few drinks.

Is there a problem with the handles or are you just looking to spruce them up? Im just thinking you may have better luck trying to repair or repaint them than find new ones.

There must be someone making replacement handles though.

Ah yes, what we currently have is dual / split spindle operation!

Are working fine just handle and backplate looking really scruffy, so want to replace.

It is a Monarch door and currently Union handles with backplate 170mm x 47mm. Existing screws 160mm apart. PZ 46mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back