Aluminium double glased door handle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone offer a method of removing a handle assembly from a aluminium d/glased door. The handle is mounted (each side of the door) on a aluminium extrusion and appears to be held in place with a plastic moulding pushed inside it at the top and bottom and also by the lock barrel (that is easily removed), I am not certain if the extrusion should be jumped off of the plastic end plugs or if the plastic end plugs should be slid out of the extrusion. The reason for removing the handle and lock is in a attempt to repair the outer handle so the dead locks can be operated on leaving. Many thanks for any help you can offer. Also where can this type of locking arrangement be purchased. Many thanks Derek

Sponsored Links
A pic would help Derek, there are so many different designs. I repaired a patio door handle mechanism last year. There was a handle on each side and two 6mm screws went through the inside handle and door to screw into a thread in the outside handle. The screwheads were not visible on the inside handle until plastic caps were removed.

Hi Shaggy thanks for your reply, the aluminium piece that the handle is fixed to has no screw holes it appears to be held in position with a plastic block pushed in at the top and bottom and I would imagine that the plastic blocks either clip over or are held in position with screws (a screw at top and bottom of the handle/lock can be seen through the edge of the door) You said a picture would help, how would I send a picture. Many thanks Derek

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back