Porch flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So having moved into a new home we need to renovate the porch. Simple enough except previous owners had simply laid carpet on these slabs. I want laminated flooring. I am in 2 minds. Do I raise the floor slightly with a wooden base and then door underlay and then laminate it or do I just put down a moisture resistant membrane onto the slabs with thicker underlay? The second option is the most cost eff3ctive but what is the right way? Any help would be great!
Thanks all

Attachments

• 6064345C-5B54-4E11-BCC4-D46F268D5220.jpeg
    6064345C-5B54-4E11-BCC4-D46F268D5220.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 109
Sponsored Links
If the door thresholds are high -they look to be, I would raise the floor up -then you benefit from having less of a step at each door

And the floor will be a bit warmer, so less risk of condensation.

the size looks like one sheet of 18mm plywood would be big enough (may need cutting to fit in).

could a single slab of celotex type insulation work?
Most porches are "outside" in that they are not heated or expected to be occupied.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back