Porch PVC Door seals letting in water, compression screw option?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my mums front door bottom seal isn't tight and water is getting in when heavy rain.
I was able to take off the backing of one of the 4 hinges, and this is what it looks like. Unfortunately I didn't have an allen key to see what the side screw does, will it be able to do the compression to close the gap? I'll be going back in a couple of days and will take my allen keys along to try, but hoping someone may be able to confirm before I try please?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5540.JPEG
    IMG_5540.JPEG
    151.2 KB · Views: 16
Sponsored Links
Lift plastic flap at the top of hinge to find screw that moves door in and out.
That bolt in picture is left and right.
Well that's how mine is.

Check drainage holes in sill are clean.

I've never been impressed with uPVC doors and how they seal.
Important to get frame lined up as it can twist when fitted and door never seals as it should is a common problem.
Mostly not air tight vs water coming in though

Just remember full compression isn't made until locking mechanism is fully engaged. Eg handle pulled up

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately none of the adjustment bolts/screws were for compression, so we're unable to close the gap.
Under the top cap on each hinge is the securing bolt for the main hinge bolt, the bottom cap allows screwing into the bolt under the top cap only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back