Porch Roof Size.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build a porch roof over my front door. It's a peak with ridge. How deep must it be from wall to end of batten if I use Marley concrete tiles (I think their about 420mm long x 330mm). I am aiming being about one metre deep but must adjust for tile width. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I want to build a porch roof over my front door. It's a peak with ridge. How deep must it be from wall to end of batten if I use Marley concrete tiles (I think their about 420mm long x 330mm). I am aiming being about one metre deep but must adjust for tile width. Thanks.
Few buildings are actually worked out per tile spacing, lol. Width of tiles varies but for the majority, they cover 300mm. You have to factor in cloak overhang also. If you were say using Moderns, you'd end up cutting alternate courses (for half bond) in any case.

I suppose you could set it out (I managed it with a small canopy over my back door), but you'll need to have the tiles to hand, so that you cany physically lay them out on the floor. Decide on your overhang, gable material thickness etc, and work from there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back