Side Edge Distance for Velux

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Porch is 1.8m wide. I have a second hand Velux which is 1140mm wide but of course flashing around will need space.. I have concrete verge tile and the roof is Marley concrete Modern (rough) tile. Would this Velux fit in that width of 330mm each side? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is the 1.8m external width or internal as you need to allow for the wall thickness too ? The width of a Modern is 330mm so will depend on your internal size.

My Porch is 1.8m wide. I have a second hand Velux which is 1140mm wide but of course flashing around will need space.. I have concrete verge tile and the roof is Marley concrete Modern (rough) tile. Would this Velux fit in that width of 330mm each side? Thanks.
Have you considered other factors like window height, ceiling joists, critical positioning, openable etc?

Sponsored Links
As per the others have already alluded to, you will be crippling 90% of the rafters!
So a lot of care needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back