Position of Kitchen Cabinets above Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi;

I am planning my kitchen refit and have just ripped out the old and need to order the new.

Its a small kitchen and I need to maximise the storage space, what makes it all the more essential is that the old cooker was a 60cm Gas and we are replacing it with an all electric Range Cooker with an induction hob.

My question is this, according to the Rangecooker.co.uk website it shows a diagram for positioning Hoods and Wall cabinets and shows that the wall cabinets must be set 150mm either side of the edge of the cooker I.E. not directly in line with it.

Whilst I understand this for a Gas or even conventional electric does this still apply for an induction hob. The reason I ask is that it means the difference of installing 800mm or 950mm (1x500 1x450) cabinets that 150mm albeit a 30mm will be lost because I will be using 2 cabinets joined together so it will be an extra 120mm.

So with an induction cooker can the wall cabinets be place directly in line with the cooker edges?

Ta

Sponsored Links
You have to follow the manufacturers instructions.

They possibly have in mind the results of a fat fire in a frying pan.

Also remember to have the switch for the cooker to one side, where you will not have to lean through the flames to turn it off in an emergency.

It is a good idea to have your extractor hood wider than the cooker, as not all steam and smoke travels vertically.

Place a large pan on the hob with no room at the sides and the heat produced in the sides of the pan will melt the the cup'ds. The distance given are minimums, bigger is better [so the wife tells me].

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back