position of the shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all I have just renovated the bathroom.....(first floor
I have a 3 bar watermill in one corner(the same corner as the bath)
the cold is coming down from above from the water tank.
the hot is coming from below from the cylinder.

My problem is this....

If i leave the pump where it is I wont be able to get access very easy due to the bath needing moved (and tiles taken of front of bath).

Could I run the hot on up to the roof space and put the pump up there?

I cant go down to the hotpress due to the location of the bathroom?

any ideas out there

thanks

Mark

++++++
I assume you are talking about the position of the shower pump and I will alter your Thread Title to make it meaningful.

Why you should want to tile in the bath panel I don't know. What will you do when the overflow, trap or taps leak?

Mod Rupert
+++++++

Sponsored Links
come on guys the wife is ready to kill me I need to finish of this bathroom.

any ideas??

thanks

Mark

I want to tile the front of the bath with mosaic I have seen this done before and it looks really well.

thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Mark
No problem putting the pump in the loft as long as the flow from both hot/cold is enough to actuate the pump.
As for tiling the bath panel go for it just seal it in place with silicone or accessible screws, it lookas alot better than plastic panels.

Pete

lestat said:
I want to tile the front of the bath with mosaic I have seen this done before and it looks really well.

thanks

Mark

Ignor what the mod said..but ..if you do tile the bath panel, make sure it is removable, you can use mirror screws, remember the panel will be heavy, so use 2 panels.

Thanks guys I will relocate the pump to the attic and give it a whirl.

I am using mosaic tile on the panel so I will put the screw under one of the mosaics and count which one it is under.

thanks

Mark

Put the pump in the attic
turned on shower the cold came on but the hot did not come down even when I turn the mixer to hot it still comes out cold???

confused

Mark

Mark
As I mentioned in my first reply did you check your flow rates first.
You probably have a negative head of pressure as the hot pipe has now been moved above the cold water tank which feeds the hwc.

You can get a neg head pump but they are more expensive

Pete

would this work ?
Down in the hot press there is a 1.5 bar which runs a shower?
on top of the cylinder is the feed to the 3 bar pump in the attic could I get a conector to take the hot water from the 1.5bar to the pipe that send the hot water to the attic (like a y connector)

thanks

Mark

Hmm see what your saying however pumping to a pump is not recommended.
What is the maximum inlet pressure allowed on your 3 bar pump?

Pete

not sure pete but I moved it back to the bathroom to save hassle.

thanks

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back