Possessed Hikvision camera with mind of it's own...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few DS-2CE56H1T-IT3Z 5MP. Been very happy with image quality etc.

In past two or three days, 1 camera has started accessing it's own menu, and keeps looping the menu options inc. language changes. It has also zoomed or adjusted focus to something unusable.

Only thing I can think of, considering the weather, is water ingress. Can that cause this behavior? It has been in position the last few months and we have seen similar weather but no issues till now.

I tried to disconnect and reconnect power - but still happening.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like water in the OSD joystick how is it mounted ? Soffit ? Wall ?
Mounted on a hikvision mounting base which is on a wall and exposed.

I thought it may be water, but the cables are in the mounting base which should be water proof, no?

I thought it may be water, but the cables are in the mounting base which should be water proof, no?

Open and have a look. Maybe something was over looked when they were fitted which has allowed water to get in.

Sponsored Links

Where is the conduit adaptor hole ? Top or bottom ? As this has a drain hole and needs to be at the bottom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back