Possible Bypass Pipe problem (split off)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the same system with the addition of a stop cock in the pipe in question. I'm guessing it needs to be set in a position to balance the system. Too far closed, certainly any more than half way, probably less = lots of gurgling. Fully open. Boiler starts and stops a lot and heating takes a long time to get the house warm.

Attachments

• 16052115867128433801480051816408.jpg
    16052115867128433801480051816408.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 151
Sponsored Links
A By-pass is there for when demand stops, and the zone valves close the boiler needs for the pump to keep running to dissipate the residual heat which over time would damage the boiler, not all boilers require a by-pass, but as you have one fitted I am guessing yours does, that is not a stop cock that is a gate valve and it is common to use a gate vave on a by-pass, it should have been set by the installer and left alone once set

Or an even better option would be an automatic bypass properly set .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back